1.14.2011

Taxidermy and Avent Bottles

One of Logan's Aspie obsessions is reading Calvin and Hobbes.
Logan - "Mom, do you think Jax will be like Calvin when he gets older?"
Me - "I'm not sure..."
Logan - "Well, if he is, I'm going to go to the toy store and get him a tiger. And not a stuffed one, but taxidermy."
Outstanding idea, Logs.

Moving on, and switching gears completely, I despise Avent bottles. Don't buy them. Ever. They leak profusely. They leak from both the ring and the nipple. There is nothing more enraging then attempting to make a screaming, hungry baby a bottle, shaking it to mix the formula and having the mixture fly all over the kitchen. Re-adjust, still leaking. Re-adjust again. More screaming. Nerves twitching.
We have actually been struggling with this since Jax switched to the bottle when he was around 2 months old, so for about the last EIGHT months. Why I waited 8 months to switch brands is absolutely beyond me. I can't even TELL you how many times I've had to go downstairs in the middle of the night to make a bottle (half asleep) and cursed Avent out under my breath because it takes me a full ten minutes to re-adjust and re-adjust the ring and nipple so it doesn't leak.
So today we finally made the switch and I bought a new set. I switched to the Playtex Wide Bottles. About an hour ago I put Butters down with his first one, and haven't heard a peep. I'm hesitant after the Avent fiasco, so we'll see how it goes. I'll update about whether or not they leak.

Another product that sucks - Safety 1st cabinet locks are terrible. They still open wide enough for Butters to get out an average sized bottle of spray cleaner.



AND...Butters has also learned how to move one large thing to climb on top of another thing. Charming.



Lastly, make SURE you have gotten to b&b to check out the bib and burpie sale!

No comments: