2.17.2011

Maybe God smiled down on me: Bottle Update.

Shortly after my confession about Jax's nightly bottle ritual, I ended up taking him into the Pediatrician due to his inability to sleep at night and his increase in nightly bottles. For a few nights in a row, he slept for only a few hours (which means that I slept for maybe an hour), and I was again desperate for sleep. She checked him over and as she looked in his mouth saw that all four of his molars were coming in, and diagnosed him with nothing more than being fussy from teething.

We discussed his bottle ritual - I told her I had been watering down his nightly bottles, but that he was sucking down anywhere from two to four bottles in his crib on a consistent basis. She was actually very understanding to the situation, and just said to continue to water them down and that he eventually would not want them anymore. She assured me he would outgrow this habit.

Then we had a miracle.

Starting that night, he has been sleeping through the night. It has been five nights in a row. No bottles, no waking up. Complete sleep from 9pm-7am. This is the first time since he was born that he has slept through the night consistently.

AMEN.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Love all your blog posts.