4.01.2011

Woodbury Magazine

I was super stoked to see the online-version of our Woodbury Magazine article released last night. Normally I'm pretty on top of these things, but actually one of my models parents saw it before I did and texted me that it was up (thanks, Julie). Yet again, I re-hashed my words and wished I had been a little more eloquent, but what can I do at this point...
The picture looks adorable, but there's kind of a funny story behind it. I chose to shoot our little models Elliot and Ayva for this article because they have contrasting hair and skin tones (as well as personalities) so I thought they would be super cute together. Elliot is normally my happy-go-lucky little boy - always very easy to shoot. Ayva has been a little more difficult in the past, but is just so darn cute I wanted to give it another shot. Now, the funny thing was that during this shoot, Elliot ended up being a little more difficult and Ayva ended up being pretty easy going. Point being, in the picture, it shows Natasha (modeling our great post-partum women's dress) with both kids, but really Elliot was edited into the picture because he wanted pretty much nothing to do with Ayva. He wouldn't get closer than five feet to her without starting to get fussy...I was kind of worried that one of the kids pics wouldn't go into print because we had such a hard time shooting them, but I was grateful they were able to edit them into one picture together.
I was happy to be able to mention Francesca's and Elodie in the article as well - unfortunately the only two clothing stores I really shop in Woodbury. I REALLY heart Francesca's - I always seem to find something there when I really need it. We just did some family pictures a couple weeks ago and I found a super cute dress there that looked amazing. I'll post pics of our family session when I get them. I shop Elodie often for accessories. They advertise and are known for their denim, but I can never seem to find my size when I go (which is a 27).
Callie V. Photography did our family pictures and I really enjoyed working with her - we were able to see a sneak peek of the pictures on her blog and they look ah-mazing. I can't wait to get the full disc.
We're gearing up for market for b&b which to be honest I'm not entirely looking forward to. If you're familiar with the fashion industry, market is absolutely CRAZY and a three days of super hard work. I've decided to do KIDShow which is in Vegas in August. I was talking to my husband about it the other day, and he gave me this jealous look when I told him it was in Vegas - right, like I'll get time to sit by the pool and spa it up. Nope. It's three days of hell. Three days of back-to-back appointments with retailers from 8am-6pm. That doesn't even get into the effort put into BOOKING those appointments which will start in July. Not so much fun and vaca, Chad, not so much.
The tutu thing has been fun - a welcome distraction while some of our b&b stuff is in production. I'm a little ADD sometimes, so it's nice to do something different for a little while and take a break from organics. I've been trying like mad to get my hands on some sort of eco-friendly tulle so we can make tutus for b&b. Here's some pics of the latest...


I'm in love with this dress - there are a few things I'm going to modify as this was my first sample, but it has eight whopping layers of tulle and is super super full. And Jessa is an absolute doll! She's actually coming over today to have a playdate with Jax because they are only a couple weeks apart in age...


I did this one for my cousin's little girl, Emily. Their entire family has attended A&M, and I love the team tutus I've been making!

No comments: