4.06.2011

2011 Ultimate Baby Shower Gift Guide - Coolmompicks.com

So fabulous to see our Abby Collection stroller blanket featured in Coolmompicks.com's 2011 Ultimate Baby Shower Gift Guide - this is great recognition for our/my hard work! This is such a lovely blanket...a fetching sea blue, chocolate, olive green and ivory mod pattern (woven 100% organic cotton) top with an ultra-soft organic cotton fleece cuddly under-side. Coolmompicks.com is one of the few - maybe the only - Mom-based website that I trust for information regarding kids products. I've said before that I found out along my b&b journey that most of the Mom websites are actually mostly paid advertising, which was really disappointing. I love that Coolmompicks.com actually features products that they like and support, rather than products that pay them to advertise.


To be featured next to companies such as Skip Hop, Graco and serena+lily is pretty amazing.

Anywho - I've been working on fairy wings over the last couple days. Those of you that know me well know that I can never do things the easy way - I always over-complicate. These have become quite the endeavor. Most people make fairy wings in what I would consider a pretty cheap and lame way (coathangers - really?), so of course I had to "upgrade" and find a better way of doing them. Finding the right type of wire has been the most complicated part - it took me four different types to find one that I liked. Aluminum was too soft, copper too expensive - and stainless was very difficult to find, but ended up working the best. Then figuring out the right gauge (thickness)...it ended up being a much bigger project than I anticipated. However, I'm loving them and can't wait to put them out there for my friends. A few minor adjustments and they'll be ready to go.

I've been at a crux with b&b over the last month or so. There are several roads we could take and I'm not sure which one is best. It's very difficult to run a business by yourself, mostly because I have no one to bounce ideas off of. I had a terrible experience with a business partner awhile back, and for that reason don't want to bring someone else in, but in a way DO, just for the purpose of having someone to brainstorm with.

Random, but there's a Blue Jay on my deck right now - spring is coming and I can't wait. :)

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveller, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference

...Robert Frost

No comments: