7.04.2011

July 21

July 21st is the big day. I have exactly 17 days to get the store up and completely ready to go. I try not to think about this in terms of days, because when I think about only having 17 days I totally freak out. I have to take this one day at a time, or major anxiety takes over.
Orders have been placed, and we have some fabulous product coming in. There have been snags, no doubt, and it sucks that it is a holiday weekend as I can't get anything done. The one thing that I can say HAS gone smoothly is all of the purchasing with my Etsy vendors...they have been awesome to work with and everything is shipping on time. It's the bigger companies that have been more difficult to deal with...minus aden+anais - they have been super easy. Major kudos there. I'm super excited about all of the product on it's way...
The baby and toddler bracelets are amazing...I ordered some with crosses for baptism gifts, some with Swarovski detail, some with pearls and some with "little sister" and "big sister" on them.


I am also stoked about the puffy crib blankets - these look gorgeous.


I love the fact that NO ONE else has this merch - that it can't be purchased at any other stores. We are the ONLY ones that carry it. That to me is absolutely awesome.
Isobella & Chloe should be here in time for the opening, but I'm a little worried that Tea Collection will not. I'm waivering on bringing in Appaman - it sells like mad on the east coast, but I'm not sure it would do well in the midwest. It's at a little bit of a higher pricepoint than I would like as well...BUT, it's also super cute. I'm also waivering on Robeez. They have a higher end collection that I absolutely love because it's not as available as the other styles, and I think it's WAY cuter than what you see at most stores....but still waivering. We'll obviously have a bunch of b&b, and my co-designer, Thi, does her own line called YVan, which is beautiful as well. And of course we'll have the tutus...
I was super flattered that we were contacted by Zulily.com a couple of weeks ago, and we have a sale running with them on the 16th. They have 3.5 MILLION members - wow. Just the idea of reaching that many people kind of blows me away...
I have so much in my brain right now it's sick - between the store and market creeping up quickly I'm crazy crazy busy. We have our spring 2012 photo shoot this weekend - and I picked some amazing fabrics. I'll release some early pics of those pieces as soon as I have them. Lots of linens and jersey cotton...and all organic of course. :)

No comments: