3.05.2011

In my head.

Sometimes my head gets overwhelmed with thoughts. These thoughts can be random or focused, but either way they are overwhelming, and they put me at a standstill as my brain just can't seem to process all of them at once. If they came intermittently, I'd be okay, but when my head overflows, this is not a good place to be. I end up on auto-pilot, which is not helpful to anyone around me, personally or professionally.

Getting back on track is difficult when this happens, but it can be done. It usually means I have to slow down for two or three days, regroup, make a list of what the priority thinking pieces need to be and then rejoin life again with my normal ninja speed. And so begins the processing of all the crap in my head...

This is my current crap list:

1. Getting our b&b spring kids collection done. Last time I checked it is March already.
2. Possibly doing a full women's collection per the mention of a VIP. This is a huge commitment.
3. I made some promises I can't keep.
4. I want to move.
5. I don't want to move out of Logan's school district.
6. I need to move Jax out of our room and into Logan's.
7. To do the above, I need to either move both kids into our larger room and possibly build a temporary wall, or keep them in the smaller room and curtain off Jaxie's crib. Both involve shopping and quite a bit of my time, a difficult commitment while on auto-pilot.
8. I need to go to Abercrombie and exchange Logan's sweatshirt and get him clothes for next year while they are on sale.
9. I need new sweats.
10.I want to make said sweats with some of the organic fleece sitting upstairs as I can't find any I like, and our fleece is ultra-soft. Another time commitment.
11.I need to go to the thrift store and find some fabric for some upcycled pieces I'm working on. More time.
12.Thoughts about a b&b storefront have been discussed and are taking up some brainspace.
13.I need to discuss some of these things with my friends, but everyone seems too busy with their own stuff. I'm feeling a little alone.
14.My husband has been home for 5 weeks after shoulder surgery, and will be home for a minimum of another four weeks. Any other SAHM/WAHM would understand the difficulty in this with no explanation needed.
15.Jax has again gone up a size in clothing and I need to buy more. Already and again.
16.Logan has been holing up in his room, and I need to make sure he has more family time.
17.Logan is also behind on some of his assignments at school, and I need to stay on top of this.
18.Jax is in the process of going down to one nap a day, and I can't get him on a new schedule for the life of me.
19.I haven't been sleeping well. Probably due to all of the above.
20.I need to make a doctor's appointment.
21.I need a prescription refill.
22.My husband may be going back into the military. What will this look like for our family?

Now, bear in mind that this list does not include all of the random thoughts that come up throughout my day - such as dealing with the b&b daily business, changing poopie diapers, making dinner, running necessary errands and brushing my teeth.

I'm well aware of what I need to do when my life gets like this - make a list of three things that need to be done everyday and cross them off of that list. So here is today's list:

1. Finish two upcycled items.
2. Exchange Logan's sweatshirt, and while there purchase a few items for next fall.
3. Play a game with Logan.

This covers most bases.

Tomorrow I'll make another list, pray for patience and direction (again) and just keep swimming (thank you, Dory).

No comments: