8.10.2011

To market, To market...

To buy a...wait. To SELL many clothes.
The collection is beautiful. Just beautiful. Even since our photo shoot, changes have been made, details have been added and final touches applied. I can kind of tell what our big sellers will be, but I've been in this industry long enough to know that not everybody's eye is the same. It's a wait and see game at this point.
My nerves are definitely a little racked and I'm kind of pushing my body to its limit with lack of sleep. But, this is how I do. I'm a "do-er" in the twelfth hour. Not that most everything isn't done, because the majority of it is, but I tend to go over and over things until the last minute (little bit OCD). Don't get me wrong, I have a list, probably a longer list than I would like, of things that still need to be taken care of. Samples are still being made. Paperwork is still being formatted. Our backdrop was just ordered today. Considering the situation though - just having opened a store and all - I think I'm on my game.
The store is fantabulous. Couldn't ask for more. The support of my friends, the community and the press has been amazing. With the only problem being I can't seem to keep merch in long enough, I think I'm doing okay.
Jaxie (aka Butters) is quite possibly the cutest thing ever. Yes, I'm partial, but still. This can entertain him for a solid hour:
Yup, that's my boy.

One LAST thing - I have to plug our amazing photographers, Kristy and Chris at Journey Photography. Mamas, I'm going to keep it very real and tell you that it's taken me more than a few tries to find the right photographers for my line, but these guys are IT. They are the very best photographers I have ever worked with, and have taken the most amazing pictures I have ever seen (yep, and I'm talking in general, not just my line). They take the type of pictures that really make you sit back and say, "WOW.", as opposed to "Ooooh, that's cute". I, personally, am looking for that "WOW", not the cutie-patootie shots that I can do at home with my SLR and its handy-dandy quick-shot guide. So, if you want some amazing photos of your children/family/whatevs, click here for their website, or here for their Facebook! Here are a few of my favs that they have done for us...















No comments: